Safety & Warnings:
Safety is the top priority when handling, transporting, storing, and shooting air guns. Routinely follow all the rules of safe gun handling. Make sure you are very aware of the people around you and your surroundings.
- Point it in a safe direction.
- Act as if it were loaded.
- Protect your eyes with shooting glasses.
- Use only the correct ammo for your gun.
- Ensure the air gun is unloaded until ready to shoot.
- Ensure the air gun is “on safe” until ready to shoot.
- Keep your finger off the trigger and out of the trigger guard until ready to shoot.
- Confirm your target and make sure the target has a safe backstop.
- Check to ensure the air gun is “on safe” and unloaded when getting it from another person or from storage.
- Read and follow all instructions in the owner’s manual and know how your air gun works before use.
- Store an air gun in a secure place so that it cannot be used by anyone unauthorized to use it
- Safety is always the primary concern when handling guns, whether they are located on the range, at home, or in the field.
- An air gun or airsoft gun is not a toy. Air guns and airsoft guns must be treated with the same respect and safety considerations given all guns.
- Ignorance and carelessness are the primary causes of accidents and injuries. Ignorance is a lack of knowledge of gun safety or operation. Carelessness is the failure to apply one’s knowledge when handling guns. A very real concern, especially among those who are around guns frequently, is complacency. Complacency leads to carelessness.